Tuesday

Our Memorial Day Weekend

Ed and I decided to get some projects done this past weekend. We have had new windows for the kitchen and laundry room for the last year or so. Unfortunately they have been sitting in the garage. Ed always has a thousand things to do around the house - and I am really good at coming up with even more projects for him! He's getting more anxious to get busy on his project car, so is trying to get things out of the garage that don't belong there. So this was the weekend to tackle the windows.

Photobucket

These are replacement windows, so they fit into the existing window opening. But what made it even harder is that the exterior of the first floor is brick. There really isn't much extra room to navigate the windows in and out.

Photobucket

These projects were a lot easier when the boys were around to assist.
They are a lot stronger than I am!!

Photobucket

By the end of the weekend, Ed had both new windows in - right before it started pouring down rain!

Photobucket

They just need to be stained and have interior trim applied. Don't they look great?

While Ed was busy with the windows, I got busy in the family room.

Photobucket

Our house is a disaster zone at this point. Furniture, accessories and boxes are stacked here and there. I think we have decided to put some of our furniture on Craigslist and get rid of some of the excess.

Photobucket

I decided to do just one corner of the room to make sure we liked the color, plus I could move furniture away from that area.

Photobucket

The paneling is primed, so I still need to paint the final coat on that. I haven't decided what I think of the color yet. It seems as if this project expands every day. We have talked about new carpeting, but are suprised at the cost of that. So, we have decided to check out wood flooring as well. But if we are going to put the money in to new flooring, shouldn't we tear out the fireplace and bookshelf so the floor can be laid correctly? A lot of questions to research and work through. Any words of wisdom?

2 comments:

RosebudWitt June 3, 2010 at 4:52:00 PM EDT  

Wow! You guys are doing a lot! Good for you! The windows look great!

mmncgrand June 8, 2010 at 5:25:00 PM EDT  

I like what I can see of the new colors. You will miss the fire place if you take it out don't you think?

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP