Thursday

Congratulations Courtney

Last weekend we were able to celebrate Courtney's graduation from Indiana Wesleyan University. Friday night was a Baccalaureate service and a Pinning Ceremony for the nursing students. This was the first graduation to take place in the new auditorium.

Photobucket

A brass quintet heralded the graduates. I get goosebumps when I hear the graduation march (anyone know the official name of that tune?) and think of all those students have accomplished.

Photobucket

Courtney's minister from College Wesleyan Church was the one who brought the message to the graduates. He had some very interesting challenges for them. He told them not to find a job or pursue their dream. Instead he encouraged them to follow God's plan for their lives and to do everything to glorify God. The University chorale led us in some worship songs. What a great service!

Photobucket

I obviously sat on the wrong side of the auditorium for good pictures of Courtney.

Photobucket


Immediately following Baccalaureate was the Pinning Ceremony. They started with a then and now slideshow of all the nursing students. Wasn't she a cutie? Still is in fact!

Photobucket

All lined up to receive their pins.

Photobucket

There were 88 nursing students, so this ceremony was more personal for the girls and guys. As each student was pinned, an instructor read what their future plans were. Courtney got tired of hearing, "and she is marrying the love of her life in ... days!" There were only 5-10 girls that actually had jobs already. We are so thankful that Courtney does already have a job, but even more thankful that she is following God's leading in her life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday was graduation day! The chorale sang for us again. I have never seen a more animated group of singers before!

Photobucket

I was in the wrong spot again for taking pictures of Courtney, but this is most of the graduates.

Photobucket

The very first graduate across the stage.

Photobucket

Courtney was the very last graduate to cross the stage - to thunderous applause. Everyone was so glad the ceremony was over, but Courtney got to enjoy the moment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(This is a terrible picture, but I love her smile!)

Celebrating with Grandma and Grandpa.

Photobucket

And Nicole.

Photobucket

And just celebrating.

Photobucket

Her roommates, Ali and Tiffany, in front of their dorms.

Photobucket

We went to The Mill Restaurant for lunch. Tiffany and Ali joined us. Another friend of Courtney's was also there for lunch, so we were able to get a shot of all of them together.

Photobucket

Courtney had requested a new stethescope with her name engraved on it. The bright orange will contrast well with the navy blue scrubs she has to wear for work.

Photobucket

She has to wait to wear it until after she passes her boards since it has Courtney Wittleder RN engraved on it! We are so very proud of you Courtney, and glad to have you home again.

4 comments:

Deb May 6, 2010 at 9:53:00 PM EDT  

This is Mom. Once again I love your pictures and writings Deb. I am so thankful I was able to be there to witness all of this. It was a spiritually uplifting experience beyond words. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the boys and spouses could have been there. Grandpa and I are so blessed to have these grandchildren, thank you Jesus and bless you Courtney.

Matt and Sonya May 6, 2010 at 10:38:00 PM EDT  

Yay for graduation pictures! They look great...what a fun day and exciting time in Courtney's life. I do wish we could have been there. It seems so unfair that she was there for our big moment and we missed hers :( But we are very proud of you Courtney!! Now I would like to see a picture of you with your navy scrubs and contrasting stethoscope.

Ellen May 7, 2010 at 11:40:00 AM EDT  

Congrats Courtney!! Michelle was the last one at college graduation too! She got thunderous applause too.

RosebudWitt May 7, 2010 at 2:26:00 PM EDT  

This post is awesome! I love the one of Courtney with both of her hands in the air as she crosses the stage. So flippin cute. Wish I could have witnessed that live. I am so sad we were not there. Looks like a lot of fun. So excited for Court!

As I was reading this about how she was the last one to cross the stage, I started wondering why I wasn't one of the last ones to cross the stage when I graduated. Then it dawned, on me, "Hello, Rosie, you were not a Wittleder then." You'd think I'd remember that i haven't been a Wittleder my whole life, but I'm so used it now, that I temporarily forgot!

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP