Sunday

Happy Valentines Day

Hope you are all having a great day with the ones you love! Ed took me out for lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory after church today. Brings back good memories of when Matt worked there. I'm not sure that he would agree that they were good memories. He worked very hard for very little money! I guess it was a good character building experience, right?

While looking through blogs this afternoon I came across lots of images of cut out heart cookies. I love iced sugar cookies, especially Larita's cookies from Fort Dodge, IA. Since Larita's cookies were not an option, I decided to whip up a batch.

valentine cut out sugar cookies

Courtney is home this weekend, so she will get to enjoy them also.

And a not so funny story - I was looking for my rolling pin and Ed said, "I might know where that is." I couldn't figure out why in the world he would know where my rolling pin was. He then headed out into the GARAGE to get my rolling pin!! He used my rolling pin to apply some foam strips to the garage floor. Can you believe it?!!

Nicole and I did have a successful couple of days shopping for business suits for her. We found some great deals at Ann Taylor at the outlet mall. She actually purchased two suits. I'll take some pictures when she has the entire outfit ready to go. It's an exciting time for Nicole and Courtney - interviewing and planning for their lives after college. We are so proud of both of them.

Off to enjoy some cookies and milk, a fire in the fireplace, my family and the Olympics. Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Matt and Sonya February 14, 2010 at 11:31:00 PM EST  

Oh...Spaghetti Factory! Good times. Next time we make it home let's visit! Those cookies look AMAZING. Send some on out :) And Matt and I loved the rolling pin story...we thought it WAS funny! ha ha. Looking forward to some professional pics of the lovely Nicole!

mmncgrand February 15, 2010 at 8:21:00 AM EST  

I wonder if the Demarest's would approve of the rolling pin usage. Ha!!
The cookies were beautiful. I liked the plate the cookies were on too.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP