Monday

January 26, 2010

We got this email from Matt and Sonya:

Oh yeah….one other thing. We sent you a package in the mail today. It is the early Valentine’s Day gift that we wanted to send to you while you were in California, but were not able to get out in time. It will probably arrive Wednesday or Thursday. This is the thing: you and dad need to open it TOGETHER & when you are ALONE. Don’t let that girls see it! It is personal. Not to make a big deal of it…we just wanted to make sure you knew we wanted you to open it privately with each other. And those are the only rules attached with this gift!! We hope you enjoy it. Happy Valentines…we love you so much!

All sorts of thoughts went through my head like..."they are sending us a Valentine's present, that's so sweet. We have to open it in private, must be something romantic. Did they find something they loved and thought we would too? Did they think our marriage or our love life needed help? Oh no." So, I waited a few days in anticipation of our Valentine's gift. On January 26th the package arrived.

package2

I quickly hid it in our bedroom for us to open that night. So when we headed to be that night, I brought it out for Ed to open. We pulled out a tissue wrapped package.

package

What we saw inside was not at all what I expected!! I think it took a few minutes to totally register the implication. Inside the tissue were some presents for us.

grandparents

WE ARE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS!!!! Matt and Sonya will be welcoming a new life into their family around August 30th. (Auntie Nicole is quite excited about it potentially being born on her birthday - Aug 29th)

Included in our package was a book with pictures and cards and a video telling us about their journey so far. LOVED IT! It was nice to be able to share in some of the details that we aren't there to see.

Photobucket

Did you catch the money in the picture? I have told Matt/Sonya and Mark/Rosie that they had to wait to have children until Courtney was out of school so I could use that money to start a "grandma fly fund." I know I will want have to see that baby frequently, so I need to start saving now so I can fly out there on a routine basis. So, here is my first dollar of my fund.

Photobucket

Why is it almost a month later that I am sharing this wonderful news? We were sworn to secrecy. They wanted to wait until Sonya was past the first trimester before sharing with everyone else. So they officially spilled the beans to the rest of the family yesterday.

auntie nicole

Nicole's reaction was pretty funny. She didn't seem to believe them at first, but soon realized it was for real. She spent a lot of time looking at the blog Sonya set up for us with weekly updated pictures and information. Then she had to see the package and all the gifts.

It was fun to be able to finally share it all with her.

So, can you believe it? I'm going to be a grandma!!

5 comments:

mmncgrand February 22, 2010 at 3:47:00 PM EST  

I am so happy for you Deb & Ed. We know first hand what a joy this is for you and it will continue to be joy as this all unfolds for you and Ed. Grandparenting is the best and the love you will feel for this little one will be .......well, there is not words for it. Praise God for what he has done in their lives.

Matt and Sonya February 22, 2010 at 11:54:00 PM EST  

I love this!!! Thank you so much for taking these pictures. I completely forgot to take any pictures before we sent the package out! I have no doubt in my mind that you and dad are going to be spectacular grandparents. I can't wait to encourage and help cultivate this relationship between our child and the both of you as their grandparents. Matt and I know firsthand what an incredible relationship this can be! Love you!

mary.bowser7 February 23, 2010 at 1:07:00 PM EST  

I am pretty sure this makes me an aunt! WooHoo! We are so excited for everyone. Grandma and Grandpa...I'm going to have to get used to that! :-)

Ellen February 23, 2010 at 6:56:00 PM EST  

Congrats Grandma and Grandpa! That was a special way to share the news. Ellen

RosebudWitt February 23, 2010 at 8:53:00 PM EST  

Yay! The news is so great! I am so pumped about being an Auntie! And I know you will be a great Grandma. And that Matt and Sonya will be great parents! Now, if we all didn't live so far away from each other.... :) And selfishly, I am so glad that a grand baby will be here soon...gives Mark and I more time before its our turn :) Yay for baby Wittleders!!! So thankful for my in laws, and that I get to be an Auntie again.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP