Tuesday

December 1st

I heard the song, "God So Loved" by Jaci Velasquez on the radio today, which is based on John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. So on this first day of December it was good for me to be reminded that my redemption all started on that first Christmas day when Jesus came to the earth as a baby. It blows my mind that God would give up his ONE AND ONLY SON - for me. As a mother, I can't even imagine giving up my son! The unconditional, unbelievable love of God the Father, for those of us who believe in Him, to allow His one and only Son to be the sacrifice for our sin so that we will be allowed to spend eternity with Him!! Jesus was the ultimate gift to us. That is what this Christmas season is all about.

john 3:16

I did some shopping today. I needed new shoes for work, which I found, as well as a few Christmas gifts. I found some more socks to add to my pile for a garland.

socks for christmas garland

I was inspired by a photo of Martha Stewart's and blogged about it here. I thought it would be easy to find appropriate socks, but it's not. With the addition of the socks I found today, I have enough for 25 days. I wasn't able to find any polka dot socks, so if anyone knows where they have some, let me know. Now I just need to get a garland up so I can hang the socks along it.

Nicole made some Scotcharoos today. I am not a fan of them, but since I had fresh Rice Krispies and marshmellows I made Rice Krispie treats, which I am a big fan of!

rice krispies

On a sad note - our neighbor, Amos, died yesterday. He had been battling cancer for the last few months and decided he didn't want to have any further treatments. When we moved here, almost 11 years ago, we were thrilled to have a 20 acre farm behind us. We loved having the cows and horses to watch and were equally thrilled with the fact that a subdivision of houses wasn't behind us. Amos helped Ed on many occassions with projects around the house, sometimes lending him tools, and even bringing over his tractor to pull out a bush for us. Every summer we would find fresh vegetables hanging from the back fence for us from their garden. Amos has a large, close knit family, who helped him around his home/farm. He often commented to Ed how he liked to see how all in our family worked together around our house as well. We will definately miss seeing Amos out and about on his farm and will pray for his family during this difficult time.

1 comments:

RosebudWitt December 2, 2009 at 11:49:00 AM EST  

I love your post. And I liked hearing your thoughts about what God has done for us, and what that would be like if we were to do the same thing. Amazing really.

And I am sorry to hear about Amos. After I talked to Dad Witt last night and he told me that, I let Mark know and he seemed a bit sad :) Love you.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP