Wednesday

From the Kitchen

Here's another easy, delicious recipe for you all with a few simple ingredients.

Photobucket

Microwave Carmel Corn

1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. Karo white syrup
1/2 t.salt
1 stick butter (or margarine)
3-4 quarts popped corn
1/2 t. baking soda

In microwave cook sugar, syrup, salt and butter until it starts to boil (2-3 minutes on high). Stir and cook another 2 minutes. Add baking soda and stir. Pour mixture over popped corn that has been placed in brown paper bag.

Photobucket

Shake vigorously or stir. Microwave on high 1 minute. Shake (or stir) again and cook for another minute. Pour onto tray and cool. I usually just tear open the bag and spread out the carmel corn. Clean up is simple and easy too.

Photobucket

Enjoy!

We received this recipe from a friend about 20 years ago and every time we make it, people rave over it.

5 comments:

mmncgrand November 19, 2009 at 8:54:00 AM EST  

Oh, the colestrol!!! It sure looks good though. I wonder how it would work with my butter.

RosebudWitt November 19, 2009 at 11:39:00 AM EST  

Oh my gosh! My favorite! Can we make this over the weekend?! This is my Wittleder favorite! I remember in college, when I'd come home with Mark to visit, I would always secretly hope you guys were going to make this :) I am copying this down now! See you soon!

marcuswitt November 19, 2009 at 11:54:00 AM EST  

Will there be some of this world famous carmel corn in the Wittleder household on Friday evening?

Deb November 19, 2009 at 1:34:00 PM EST  

It sounds like I better make sure to have all the ingredients on hand for this treat :)

RosebudWitt November 19, 2009 at 4:07:00 PM EST  

I find it hilarious that Mark and I made the same request 20 minutes of each other, without even knowing it :)

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP