Monday

House Painting

Boy have we had some beautiful summer days lately.

I love having the purple coneflowers and black-eyed susan's on the back patio, but I am not a big fan of the huge bumble bees that are loving the coneflowers this year!

Photobucket

Ed took today off of work since it was supposed to be sunny and warm and decided to get started on the house painting project.

Photobucket

Courtney and I were assigned trim work. She also primed the french doors leading into the family room. We decided to paint them white this year. The sun is really hard on them, so hopefully the paint will hold up better.

Photobucket

I really like this darker color. Ed is afraid it will make the house hotter since it is so much darker. We have added some new stuff to the paint though that is supposed to insulate the house better.

Photobucket

I was sewing again last week. Care to guess what I made?

Photobucket

I added lots of extra pockets.

Photobucket

I made this purse with a free pattern off of the internet.

Photobucket

Ed is finally in from painting since it is dark, and mom is ready for bed. I need to get out of her "bedroom." Off to work in the morning. We start a new computerized medication administration tomorrow, so it could be an interesting day!

3 comments:

mmncgrand July 28, 2009 at 10:13:00 AM EDT  

All these pictures make me homesick for INDY and you all. I have the bees on my flowers too this year. We haven't always seen this. What color is the house? It is several different shades in your picture. We can't decide on what color to paint ours. Love the purse too.

RosebudWitt July 29, 2009 at 12:05:00 PM EDT  

I love the darker colors on your house! looks great! And the purse...love that too! I think I am going to have to get a smaller purse that I can mix it up with sometimes, instead of my big one from Kate that i always use, cause I think it might be too heavy and making my shoulders/neck hurt. I am not really sure if that is the issue, but I have been having some neck pain recently. Miss you!

marcuswitt July 30, 2009 at 9:24:00 AM EDT  

I really like the new house color. I can't say that I am too sad I am not there to help paint though :)

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP