Thursday

Visiting the Dentist

I went to the dentist yesterday for my routine cleaning and check-up. Unfortunately I had a tooth with a crown on it that needed some work. I thought crowns lasted forever, but I learned that they do not. Anyhow, I spent two hours there today with my mouth open. I'm so thankful that someone invented this gizmo that keeps your mouth open enough for them to work on your teeth and suctions all at the same time!! It definately decreases the discomfort from holding your mouth open for hours at a time.

Photobucket

Our dentist has a few "special touches." After you have had dental work done they give you some Advil & Tylenol while you are still there and they give you a coupon for a free milk shake. They had to cut away on some of my gums today, so they sent me home with more Advil & Tylenol and said I definately would need it! I went to pick up my shake and thought I deserved some "comfort food" so stopped at McDonald's for french fries. Definately not on the Weight Watcher's plan.

Off to eat my fries before all the numbness wears off and my mouth is too sore to eat anything.

3 comments:

Matt and Sonya June 12, 2009 at 9:02:00 PM EDT  

So...I saw this post last night, and today when I was marketing, I couldn't get the french fries pic out of my mind. So I gave in and stopped at Micky Dees to buy myself a fry. Yumm! :) It hit the spot. Thanks for the inspiration!

mmncgrand June 13, 2009 at 12:31:00 PM EDT  

Thanks for reminding me I need to go to the dentist. I do not like doing this so put it off forever. I hope my crown is ok.

RosebudWitt June 16, 2009 at 1:04:00 PM EDT  

Hope you are feeling better! I really need to go to the dentist...this post was jsut the reminder I needed. I haven't gone to the dentist since becoming a Wittleder, and I am not proud of that. I have to just make myself do it!

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP