Saturday

Spring Plantings

Nicole and I spent a few days at the beginning of the week shopping for and planting flowers and herbs. Nicole loves lavender, as documented on her blog. So she thought it would be fun to plant some lavender, along with several other herbs. She bought a bunch of containers from Goodwill to plant them in.

Photobucket

They looked pretty cute when she was all done.

Photobucket

We brought all the plants from the car to the back patio with our Radio Flyer wagon. I thought it would be cute to plant some in the wagon, but Ed was totally against that. He did not want the wagon left out in the rain to rust more. It has seen better days, but still has a lot of life left in it.

Photobucket

We used this wagon a lot when the boys were little. We lived in a town of 1000. Ed walked to work most days. Dad and Mom had a hardware store downtown as well. The boys and I would walk downtown just about every day to see "Bapa and Ama" and walk Ed home from work.

Photobucket

This picture was from 1985. It seems like a lifetime ago. Can you guess who's who? This picture makes it pretty easy actually.

Photobucket

I have been considering planting a small garden this summer using the "Square Foot Gardening" theory. Since we haven't set that all up yet I decided to just plant a few vegetables in pots - tomatoes, peppers and beans.

Photobucket

It's nice to look out the kitchen window and seeing the planters full of flowers.

2 comments:

Matt and Sonya May 30, 2009 at 9:54:00 PM EDT  

Those boys of yours are so cute!! :) I love the current Radio Flyer and the one from when the boys were young. Your flowers look beautiful too. You make me want to buy a new lens for my camera...would my pictures look that good with a better lens? It is probably just the photographer :)

RosebudWitt June 1, 2009 at 7:20:00 PM EDT  

Mark is the one on the right. That picture of them is so cute, I can barely see straight. Can you please email that to me???? I think I am going to have to frame it and put it in Mark's man town room. I love having pics of him around when he was a babe.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP