Saturday

Sunny Saturday

I have heard via the news that some of you may not be experiencing a sunny Saturday, and others of you (Mark & Rosie) are lounging by the pool. So not fair!!

Courtney and a few friends were here last night and early this morning. They made pizza, ate Ritters, strawberries and chocolate, and watched a movie. We also had some unexpected company from Fort Dodge, Iowa. Jim was here for a Dentist's convention and stopped in. It was so nice to see him. I completely forgot to take pictures! The girls were off to the Children's Museum today and then back up to school to study. The semester is winding down, so they all had plenty of work to do.
Unfortunately Ed did not get as much done in the bathroom as he had planned prior to Courtney's arrival. He got one coat of paint on the tiles and was not pleased with how they turned out. The paint is an epoxy paint, very thick, and dries very quickly.
I suggested that he try rolling the paint on instead of brushing. So today we worked together in the bathroom putting a second coat on the tiles. Did I ever mention how small this bathroom is?? Rolling this paint on was a much better option. Actually, it worked pretty smoothly with both of us in there. It looks so much better with two coats. I think it will actually need a third coat in the shower. The fumes got a little strong since there is no longer a window to open in the bathroom. We had the bathroom exhaust fan as well as a fan pulling the air out of the room.
I can't wait until it's all done. The bathroom is going to look so nice!
Thanks for all the comments on the new blog look. I am liking it too. Plus I added a blog roll at the bottom. Now I can see when the blogs I like to read have added a new post and I don't have to click on each one individually. It's a great feature.

10 comments:

Nicole April 5, 2009 at 4:07:00 AM EDT  

The bathroom is looking great! I like the tiles painted white, glad you guys got that to work out. I can't wait to see it when I get home! How exciting to have a surprise guest too!

Matt and Sonya April 5, 2009 at 4:15:00 PM EDT  

We did get more snow on Saturday! Matt had to take me to Starbucks to warm me up :) The tile looks great in the bathroom...I didn't even know that you could paint tile!

RosebudWitt April 6, 2009 at 7:51:00 AM EDT  

Loving the bathroom! Can't wait to see it! Yes, this weekend has been the warmest weekend yet for us. It was in the mid 80's. We need it to stay that way this week so that the pool water will heat up just a little bit more so we can use our favorite rafts. But I guess we are having a cold front this week...its only supposed to be 69 tomrorow for the high. Sounds like you had a busy weekend!! How was it at Beth's yesterday?

mmncgrand April 6, 2009 at 9:01:00 AM EDT  

Looking good!! Guess we won't see it for awhile now. I like your new blog too except for the fact that I can't clik on it now for Sonya and Nicole's blog.

Deb April 6, 2009 at 8:05:00 PM EDT  

I fixed it for you mom. Their blogs are listed right up at the top now

Nicole April 7, 2009 at 12:20:00 AM EDT  

Wow, I feel so important to have my blog in such a prime spot on your blog!

Deb April 7, 2009 at 6:34:00 AM EDT  

that's where you belong kiddo, at the top of my list!

Matt and Sonya April 7, 2009 at 9:32:00 AM EDT  

Ha ha. I was thinking the same thing last night when I saw the update to your blog. Grandma will love this!

Nicole April 7, 2009 at 12:21:00 PM EDT  

Gee, thanks Mom!

mmncgrand April 10, 2009 at 9:42:00 AM EDT  

Thanks Deb! You are great!! Mom

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP