Monday

Update on the bathroom

First a pretty spring picture to brighten your day. I had a meeting at work last week and at the end they gave us some daffodils. Aren't they pretty? I'll bet you especially love the vase right? I wasn't heading right home after the meeting, so I was glad I had my water bottle along with me.

Ed and I spent a lot of time on Friday running around looking for things for the downstairs bathroom. I found a new sink for $39!! As usual, one thing leads to another. I have always hated the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, so we decided to replace that as well. While I worked on Saturday, Ed got busy in the bathroom.


One problem with the new sink is that the vanity does not have a back. We were pretty sure that the wall did not have tiles on it, and we were right.

Fortunately, we had some tiles that would work in that space and Ed has the ability to put them up. We are planning on painting all the tiles white. We found a remnant for $15 so the floor is going to be replaced as well.


I love the new yellow walls. So soft. Ed has also started framing in our shelf unit. (This is such a small bathroom that it's hard to get a complete picture of the space to show you.)
Courtney is coming home this weekend with a few friends, so our goal is to have the bathroom functional by then.

6 comments:

mmncgrand March 30, 2009 at 11:08:00 PM EDT  

I love the yellow. All yellow and white will really brighten that small room. It will be so pretty. Your handy husband does such nice work. The flowers were pretty too. Mom

Nicole March 31, 2009 at 12:48:00 AM EDT  

Those daffodils are really pretty! I'm surprised the hospital could afford to give them to you, that's almost your Christmas bonus right there! Dad mentioned he was grouting something in the bathroom and I didn't think about it until later why he was grouting something. So glad to have this mystery cleared up. The bathroom is going to look so good when it's done. I definitely won't miss that mirror!

RosebudWitt March 31, 2009 at 11:53:00 AM EDT  

Love the yellow walls too. It looks very warm and spring like, which is I love. Good talking to you last night. Thanks for your listening ear and support. Love you.

Nicole April 1, 2009 at 12:34:00 AM EDT  

I like the new layout for your blog! And the pop-up window for the comments is quite nice!

RosebudWitt April 1, 2009 at 12:55:00 PM EDT  

I agree with Nicole...and I love the pic of the blueberries.

Matt and Sonya April 2, 2009 at 12:11:00 AM EDT  

I third that! I love the new blog layout, background & blueberry picture! And I miss you. Getting used to the long conversations that start with that crazy invitation. :) Matt and I just got back from Sam's...AGAIN! ha ha. It started to snow quite a bit again today so we wanted to go out in it! Plus, it's the first of the month, so that means a fresh budget :) This is not really a post for your blog...just a message for you. It started that way, but ended up being long and not related to your post! Hope you had a good day. Matt and I send our love! Sonya XO

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP