Saturday

Sunny Saturday #2

It's been a busy weekend working in the small bathroom and great progress has been made.

Painting the ceramic tiles has been a new adventure for us and one that we are not likely to repeat. The instructions tell you to remove caulk and clean the tile thoroughly. Ed did that before we even painted the first coat, so we thought. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough. Along the shower doors and in the corners where there was silicone and caulk the paint bubbled up and peeled away. So, Ed scraped all the paint off in those areas and cleaned again. He spent quite a bit of time cleaning off the tiles, scraping and sanding them down.

Photobucket

Even with all of that careful cleaning, we still had spots that bubbled up and peeled off when we repainted. The whole shower now has three coats on it and the corners will definately need more paint. That will get done another day!

The new floor is in. I don't have a good shot of that yet, since there were still tools covering it. The new medicine cabinet is up. YEAH!! The faux stained glass cabinet is gone.

Photobucket

The new sink is in and functional, and the toilet is functional again. I can't tell you how much I missed having a bathroom on the main floor!

Photobucket

I baked some cookies today, some for tomorrow and some for Courtney to take back to school. She says these sugar cookies are great with ice cold Vanilla Coke.

Photobucket

Other happenings this week:
* We loaned out our van to a friend to transport some beds in and the brakes went out on him. He was so upset, but we were actually thrilled! Not thrilled that it happened to him, but thrilled that it didn't happen to Courtney as she was hauling stuff home from college or to Ed as he was towing the car home from Arizona.

* I have lost a total of 6.6 lbs to date. If I would get busy and get to the YMCA to exercise, I would be doing so much better.

* I completed my CPR recertification, and just in the nick of time. My certification expires this month, which means without it, I can't work.

* Ed and I are taking Dave Ramsey's course, Financial Peace University. Our budget is now set up. The sticking to it will be the hard part!

Off to finish getting things together for lunch tomorrow.

5 comments:

Matt and Sonya April 11, 2009 at 11:52:00 PM EDT  

Wow! You guys have been busy this weekend. Great hearing all of your updates...nice work on the weight loss! You are my inspiration to stop drinking Mt. Dew. :) If you can be disciplined...so can I! Happy Easter...Matt and I send our love!

Nicole April 12, 2009 at 1:57:00 AM EDT  

Painting that tile does look like a pain in the buttishi! However, it is looking great, hopefully it holds up!

Nicole April 12, 2009 at 1:58:00 AM EDT  

And way to go on losing that weight!

RosebudWitt April 13, 2009 at 12:07:00 PM EDT  

Weight loss, budgeting, and certifications....wow! you are on a roll! Nice work! My parents have taken fpu 3 times now and love it. Glad you are liking it too. Wish you were here with us, we could go on walks together for excercise :)

I am especially excited to hear about the "Grandma Witt comes to Visit" account you are starting up too. Maybe some day I'll actaully provide one for you :) But, in the meantime, I am pumped that you will have that account established :) Love you.

mmncgrand April 14, 2009 at 12:42:00 PM EDT  

Bathroom is looking good!! It makes me tired just hearing all you guys are doing. Great job on weight loss Deb. I think it is coming up here and landingon me. Ugh!!

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP