Monday

Project Monday

Ed and I were busy around the house this weekend. He was busy repairing the walls in the laundry room and bathroom. He started painting a little color, but we have decided we need to prime the walls first. I am going to finish painting the trim today.


I finished entering all my receipts/etc. from the business that we needed to get our taxes done. I also sorted through boxes that had been stored in the laundry room.

When I was a kid we spent a lot of weekends going to flea/antique markets. My dad would buy railroad lanterns, among other things. He would buy things that looked terrible and clean and polish them up beautifully! Anyway, my thing to collect was salt and pepper shakers and tiny oil lamps. (I also collected candles, but stored them in the attic once. Obviously I don't have them anymore!!) One of the boxes in the laundry room was my salt & pepper shaker collection. I decided to take some pictures of them and see if I could sell them anywhere. Here's one set - a washing machine and dryer. Pretty cute, huh?

My jar for granola was empty, so I made of batch of that too.


Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. I got this from my friend Laura many years ago. Mmm good!!

Skillet Granola

1/3 c. olive oil (or part butter/oil)
1/3 c. honey (or other sweeteners)
4 c. oats (use rye, barley or other flakes instead of some of the oats if you can find them)
1 c. raisins

Stir oil and honey in skillet. Heat until bubbling. Add oats and mix to coat well. Cook over low to med. heat until browned. Remove from heat and add raisins.

You can add lots of extra things to this granola. I always add vanilla and cinnamon to the liquids. You can also add nuts, coconut, ground flax seeds, etc.

I store my granola in a glass jar on the kitchen counter. It's so very good with fresh fruit and yogurt.

Enjoy!


I also looked online for some fabric ideas for in the family room. I ordered these from Etsy. I can't wait to get them and see the actual colors. If I decide not to use them in the family room, they'll make a great purse! The actual plan for this fabric is pillows and hopefully some part of the curtains.

Sunday we had a great time at church and then visiting over lunch with our Sunday School class! We also relaxed in front of a fire with a bowl of popcorn in the evening.
So I have a couple projects to complete today. First is the trim in the laundry room, need to get busy at that one.
The other project that I have already completed involved these 3 things:

Ed bought this Food Saver at a garage sale last summer. I finally bought the bags we needed for it. I also bought this very large bag of pepperoni at Sam's the other day. So it was the perfect first project to vacuum seal in smaller bags. Ed's sister vacuum seals all her meat that she puts in the freezer and told us it prevents the food from getting freezer burned. I also packaged up some hamburger this morning. We'll see how well it protects the food.

Off to paint the trim and do some laundry. Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 4:50:00 PM EST  

Don't sell those salt and pepper shakers! I want the laundry machine ones please.

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 4:51:00 PM EST  

Don't sell the washing machine salt shakers! I want them please.

RosebudWitt February 23, 2009 at 6:08:00 PM EST  

You little overachievers you! Work it. That granola looks yum to my tum:)

mmncgrand February 24, 2009 at 1:49:00 PM EST  

Hey! You have been a busy beaver over your long time off. Can't wait to see all you have been doing. I need someone to help me get motivated to organization. Do you know I still have drawers in my bedrooms that have nothing in them. What does that tell you? Your Mother is getting very lazy and fat.

Carrie Gaul February 24, 2009 at 5:09:00 PM EST  

Can't believe you are doing all this work without me. Miss coming down to work, visit and have some plain vanilla ice cream!

Carrie Gaul February 24, 2009 at 5:19:00 PM EST  

Can't believe you are doing all this work without me. Miss coming down to work, visit, eat, and have plain old vanilla ice cream! Dennis

Nicole February 25, 2009 at 12:53:00 PM EST  

Man, I'm not even going to recognize that place when I get home with all the renovations you guys have been doing while I'm gone. I like that fabric from Etsy. You're not going to sell all of you salt & pepper shakers are you? Maybe you should display those on your kitchen wall!

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP