Saturday

My New Scraptable

Here's my little corner of the family room that I use for scrapbooking. It's not beautiful, but it's functional. I like antiques that I can use. I was thrilled years ago to find the library card file for a price I could afford. It holds so much stuff! I'm not crazy about the old metal desk, but it also holds a lot of materials. Doesn't the worktable look great in here? I love it!
Here's a closer view of the top. I have a wooden box and a few tins that I got from Target that fit perfectly in the inverted area. I've also sat a few of my jars with ribbons and candy in this area as well. I also got a cutting mat that fits perfectly on the top, but I'm trying to get it to lay flat right now.

I bought two silverware organizers at Walmart last night. They were the perfect depth of the drawer. I had a few more tins from Target that filled the rest of the drawer perfectly. I love this big drawer that can hold a lot of my most used supplies right at my fingertips, but not on the top of the table.

I spent the morning going through all my desk drawers and scrapbooking supplies and getting it all organized. I am so ready to get started on a project now! But instead of giving in to that temptation, I'm going to go get things put away by the computer and get some cleaning done. I have to work tomorrow, so hopefully Monday morning I can try out my new scrap table!

6 comments:

Nicole January 3, 2009 at 5:49:00 PM EST  

I am quite a fan of the new table and set up! I suppose I'll have to sneak in while you're gone to use it.

RosebudWitt January 4, 2009 at 1:04:00 AM EST  

That work table looks awesome! I especially like the fact that it has holes on the side for you to put your pens and whatnot. How awesome? And you said Grandpa Bill made that? Is that right?

Matt and Sonya January 4, 2009 at 3:54:00 PM EST  

Looks good, Mom! Hope you had a good day at work! Love you.

Deb January 4, 2009 at 9:28:00 PM EST  

Rosie, dad didn't make the table, but it was the worktable he used. I'm so glad that I have found a way to use it now!

RosebudWitt January 5, 2009 at 11:30:00 AM EST  

I think it is so awesome that you have something like that from him to pass from generation to generation to be able to remember him by. I am always very intrigued by things from passed from one generation to the next. My mom has some dishes that she got from her grandma, that i hope she gives to me some day. The dishes themselves aren't that pretty at all, since they are from the early 1900's, but I want them because of the sentimental value and family history they hold. And what a cool thing you now have from your pops.

mmncgrand January 11, 2009 at 8:07:00 PM EST  

This worktable was from Dixon H.S. in the woodworking shop. They got some new ones and anyone that wanted one of the old ones could have one. Bill got two of them for his kids. Jerry didn't want his when he left home but we still have it in our garage.

That is a neat idea Deb and it looks so great in your work agea.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP