Sunday

Nicole's Bedroom Project



It's been a nice relaxing catch up day at home today. Ed actually took a nap! He hardly ever does that. I just ordered new blinds for the kitchen sliding door and a few rooms upstairs. I would rather not have anything on the kitchen door, but will be glad we do this summer when the sun is shining in. Nicole is working in her room painting a shelving unit. She has a week to get her things back in her room before grandma comes to visit and Courtney comes home from college.

We had a great sermon this morning in church. Pastor Greg is doing a series on Noah. He talked about the flood today, a story I have heard many times, but several facts hit me today. The fact that for 125 years Noah labored at building the ark while everyone around him mocked him. Did you know the animals were on the ark for 7 days before the floods started? (Gen 7:9-10) The flood was not just rain for 40 days and 40 nights (as I mentioned previously that would have been awful!) but the fountains of the great deep burst open! I have never believed in evolution and this is just one more proof that God created the earth and through this worldwide flood with all the changes that entailed provided the way for fossils to be formed in less than millions of years. Noah obeyed God when it didn't make any sense - that in a nutshell is faith. I need to live my life with that kind of faith in God and obedience to Him.

I'm off to curl up on the couch with my husband with a bowl of popcorn and watch a John Wayne movie.

Have a great Sunday night!

0 comments:

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP