Tuesday

Catching Up

I am beyond exhausted and probably a little "sappy" at this point, but these thoughts are rolling around in my brain, which would probably keep me from sleeping tonight. And I really need a good nights sleep tonight.

On Saturday, after getting some work done at home, we went down to a friend's house. Matt and Sonya came along. There was some snow on the ground, so some played outside in the snow and rode on the 4-wheelers and snowmobile. We spent the evening by a cheery fire visiting and playing games.



These kids just love Matt. He gets right down on their level to talk with them and play with them. Seems like one of them is always in his lap, which he loves.



Courtney turned 20 on March 4th. I can't believe my baby girl is no longer a teenager. Ed and I were a little overwhelmed 20 yrs and 8 or so months ago to discover we would be adding another child to our family - and quite paranoid that we would have twins again! After all we had three children under 4 years old! But God never makes mistakes. I cannot imagine my life or our family without Courtney in it. She has brought us so much joy and laughter over the last 20 years. I don't know what we would do without her.

Courtney was in Florida over her birthday, so we celebrated with Matt and Sonya on Sunday. Courtney chose Mark Pi's for lunch. Nicole gave Courtney many unique gifts for her birthday - partially used chapstick, half eaten snacks, broken toys, etc., along with a nice necklace and earrings.

I didn't get any pictures taken yesterday. I worked 16 hrs -we were very short staffed last night. Needless to say, I went right to bed last night. I guess I could have taken a picture of my bloodshot eyes!



Courtney is having a tough semester. She has five nursing classes, so her studies are keeping her quite busy. On top of that her computer crashed right before spring break. She and Matt worked on it and thought they had it fixed. Luckily she was able to save all she had stored on it. It crashed again yesterday, her first day back from break. That on top of a few other things are weighing heavily upon her right now. I found out about all of this after a meeting at work this morning. This prompted a quick trip up to IWU this afternoon to spend a little time with her and take her my computer.

On my drive up there today I was thinking about the role this school has and is playing in our lives. The boys graduated from there 3 years ago and Courtney has been attending for two years now. So many emotions and thoughts flood my mind when I think of IWU - happiness, fun, heartbreak, frustration, pride, growth, freedom, rules, etc. I have watched my children grow up there and develop into fine young adults. We are blessed with two incredible daughter-in-laws that the boys met there. A private christian college is expensive, but when I think of the long term affects for our family, it is well worth the sacrifice. My only regret is that we were not able to provide all the funds for their education - Nicole will be the only one with no student loans to pay off.

1 comments:

mmncgrand March 12, 2008 at 2:05:00 PM EDT  

You make me cry. What wonderful pictures. It makes me feel like I am there with you. You are so blessed Deb, do you feel it? Can't wait to see you. Mom

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP