Thursday

Yard Work

It has been an incredibly rainy spring here!! Last summer was incredibly dry here and our yard took a beating from the lack of rain. We have a lot of spots in our yard where the grass has died. Ed is threatening to till up the whole yard and re-seed it. In the mean time, he has fertilized and planted grass seed. Unfortunately with the downpours we have been receiving this spring, the grass seed hasn't taken root. The grass that is there has been growing really well though and we've mowed 5 times already!

Do you really care about all of that?! Basically I just wanted to document where we are right now and hopefully by the end of the summer we will have progressed exponentially. Plus, Sonya is giving me a hard time about not posting on the blog, so I had to come up with something to post about!! She has a much cuter subject though don't you think?

Photobucket

Saturday was actually a beautiful day, so Ed and I got some work done outside.

Photobucket

I did the mowing, which I love, and the weeding, which I hate!!

Photobucket

Ed had a huge fire going all day long burning up a lot of the stumps and twigs, etc. Then he went to work on the remaining mounds in the front yard. We have had to cut down a few trees, so some of the stumps and roots still were in the way. He now has leveled off these areas and planted some grass. This picture also shows two of our newer trees, one of which doesn't seem to be doing well. I took several other pictures to document the bare and washed out spots, but I won't bore you with those.

Hopefully at the end of the summer we'll document a huge improvement!

On a totally different note, my computer is running really, really slow!! I need to make sure I have everything backed up off of this laptop in case it crashes!

2 comments:

Matt and Sonya May 5, 2011 at 12:48:00 PM EDT  

ha ha. I love it! Nice work on the update. And I didn't know you loved mowing! I'm with you on the weeding. That is a pretty cute kid on this post too :) He says-"love and miss you, Grandma!" (I can hear him squealing in his crib at the moment...it's naptime :))

mmncgrand May 5, 2011 at 9:10:00 PM EDT  

I am with the two of you on the weeding. Our flowers are in dire need. Dad has been working on the yard, but I haven't ventured out yet. Good job you two.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP