Wednesday

Random Wednesday

I haven't scrapbooked in I don't know how long, but the other day I was determined to get a few unfinished projects done. I pulled out the album I had started from our family vacation to Hilton Head. That was almost three years ago!

Photobucket

I have been inspired lately by Project Life a product by Becky Higgins. There are many others who use her system in very creative ways as well. In a nutshell, it's all about getting the pictures in an album and documenting the event without all the creative "stuff" we scrapbookers add to the page. I have so many pictures sitting in boxes. This system seems to be a more manageable way to get the pictures in albums. I haven't actually purchased her kit for myself, but have decided to try the concept with this album. So far I have arranged most of the pictures in pocket pages and now I just need to go back and do some creative pages and add journaling and little touches to the pocket pages. We'll see how it goes.

Photobucket

The other benefit to doing these pictures right now is that they are of sand, water and sun, while the view out my window is snow, cold and gloomy today.

Photobucket

For Christmas I bought Rosie, Sonya and myself some reusable grocery bags. Nicole gives me a hard time about "going green" but they sure are handy. One can fit a lot of groceries in each bag which makes the car unloading process so much quicker. I like not having so many plastic bags to get rid of also. They fold up nice and compact, so I always have them in the trunk of the car. I just need to remember to take them in to the store!! Rosie commented that they are great for her since she shops at Aldi's where they don't provide the bags.

Ed and I went out for dinner Monday night at St. Elmo's. All I can say is YUM! Devour Downtown has been extended because of the bad weather last week, so we took advantage of the savings. If you live in the Indy area, tonight is the last night, so make your reservations. If you can't participate this time, start saving now. Devour Downtown runs again from August 8-21st.

Yesterday Courtney and I went shopping for her upcoming birthday. Most of the items on her list were things I really felt she should pick out. She leaves on her birthday for a trip to Florida, so I wanted her to have these items for her trip. Plus it's a good excuse to hang out with her for the day.

Photobucket

She had worked the night before, so I let her sleep in until around 2:30 pm. Since I had just been at the grocery store, and made snap decisions on purchases due to my own personal hunger, we packed a lunch to eat in the car on the way up to the north side. We had a very successful day shopping and found some great deals. She found a nice royal blue suitcase to take on her trip along with 2 new swimming suits! I don't think she'll do a fashion show for you here on the blog, but hopefully I can get a picture of her with her suitcase to show you. After we "shopped til we dropped" we had a relaxing dinner by the fireplace at Panera.

I have been unsubscribing like crazy to all the extra emails coming in to my inbox. These aren't "spam" mail, just all those annoying emails that come from every retailer you have ever purchased from online.

I get to see this little cutie in just 16 days!!!




So how is that for randomness? Hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

Matt February 9, 2011 at 5:33:00 PM EST  

What a lovely palette of randomness! That trip to Hilton Head was a good one. Great one to scrapbook...I'll be anxious to see the final product! Those "green" bags were great to put our dirty clothes in while we were in PA too! I'm glad you and Courtney had fun shopping. It made me miss my mom to hear you talk about it...we used to "shop till we dropped too"! :) Courtney: maybe you could just send some bathing suit pics to me! My curiosity is piqued!

Matt and Sonya February 9, 2011 at 10:53:00 PM EST  

Sorry! Comment above was Sonya...not Matt. Accidentally signed in to his google account!

mmncgrand February 10, 2011 at 6:32:00 PM EST  

Me too Sonya. I want to see Courtney in her suits.

Nicole February 12, 2011 at 12:23:00 PM EST  

I was really struck with Matt's choice of words and descriptive summary of mom's post... I thought I would be meeting a whole new Matthew Wittleder next time I saw him! The line about missing your mom/ shopping til you drop certainly caused a double take and instilled some doubt and then my doubts were confirmed with your clarification.

Matt and Sonya February 13, 2011 at 6:07:00 PM EST  

ha ha, Nicole! :) Matt thought the line about really wanting to see Courtney in her suits would especially cause a double-take!! But yes, your doubts were well-founded. Matt has not changed that much since the last time you saw him :)

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP