Saturday

Breadsticks, Snow/Ice and Family Bonding

Woke up to snow this morning.

Photobucket

We hadn't even removed the ice off of the driveway yet from the previous storm yet! More on that later.

I made pizza the other night. That used to be at least a weekly occurance around here, but I can't remember the last time I made homemade pizza. I even had to look at the recipe! Anyway, I had some left over dough and some pepperoni that needed to be used up, so decided to make breadsticks for lunch today. It's been a really, really long time since I made those.

Photobucket

I roll pepperoni and 1/2 piece of string cheese up in the dough and seal the ends.

Photobucket

Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Photobucket

And bake.

Photobucket

Don't they look yummy?!

Since it had been snowing all morning, we now had 3 inches or so of snow on top of 2+ inches of ice on our driveway. Ed finally bought a snowblower a few weeks ago, so he got to try it out today.

Photobucket

All he could do was blow the snow off the top of the ice.

After being fortified with bread sticks, Nicole and I decided to help Ed clear off the driveway. I had gone out the two previous days after the sun had softened up the ice on the driveway a little and chipped away at it with a shovel. Courtney helped me yesterday, but we still hadn't made much progress. I told Ed we needed some kind of scraper, so he chipped away at the ice around the shed and got the tool they used to get the nails off the roof. It worked like a charm! Nicole, Ed and I spent several hours bonding over the de-icing of the driveway. Courtney seemed to think spending the weekend at IWU would be a lot more fun - go figure!

Last night, Ed and I attended the Pacer's game. We were able to sit in club seats that belonged to his employer. That was a new experience for me. It was pretty nice. Free date. Pacer's won. Fun night.

3 comments:

Matt and Sonya February 5, 2011 at 6:47:00 PM EST  

Mmmm! The breadsticks look delicious! Glad you all are having a nice Saturday...bonding and all :)

Ellen February 6, 2011 at 7:57:00 PM EST  

The breadsticks look yummy!! I am sick and tired of our winter wonderland and ICE!! How about you?

mmncgrand February 6, 2011 at 8:30:00 PM EST  

Nice pictures and nice snowblower. We had to hire a bucket endloader to do our drive on Fri. We are getting more snow today. I thought I would see a picture of our phesant. Didn't it turn out.

Would have loved some of those pizza sticks and your pizza. We ordered a pizza from Huddle for last night and Dad said,"It is good but sure not like Deb's"

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP