Saturday

Dog Days of Summer

We just hung out at home today.

We actually woke up to signs that it had rained during the night. It sprinkled on and off the rest of the day. We need rain so bad here. Our grass is really brown and brittle.

Ed hung the "star" outside for me.

Photobucket

This was the spot I had purchased it for originally. It just ended up above the mantel on the fireplace for several years. Now that we no longer have a mantel, and the star was sitting in the garage in Ed's way, it has found its home.

Ed worked on his project car a little bit today.

Photobucket

The engine is not original to the car, so he had to make a slight modification so it would fit.

Photobucket

You'll have to ask him the technical questions because I don't have a clue! Make sure he has taken his ear plugs out before you ask him though. I always know if he still has them in when he comes into the house to talk to me and he is talking really loud!

I took pictures of Ed last night and the girls today for my photography class. Ed and I also went to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. Haven't had Pralines and Cream for a really long time.

Photobucket

Ed talked to me the whole time, so most of his pictures have goofy expressions on his face. He was explaining the results of his personality profile they did of him at work recently. They pretty much nailed his personality too.

Photobucket

Nicole made faces at me too, but I managed to get a few good ones. Unfortunately these photos show how dirty our hammock is - yuck!

Photobucket

The point of the whole lesson was looking for the direction of the light and how it impacted the settings on the camera as well as the "look" of the image. It didn't really matter if they were talking to me or making goofy faces for my assignment. Courtney was cooperative for the assignment as long as I didn't post any here.

We are going to play some games when the girls get back from the grocery store. Then off to bed. I traded with another nurse at work, so I am working for her tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

mmncgrand August 24, 2010 at 12:45:00 PM EDT  

Good pictures Nicole. Your hair is getting long. Praulines and Cream - I too haven't had that in a long time, in fact I had forgotten all about it. We don't even see a Baskin and Robbins around here. Take a picture of the star away from the house so I can see where it is hanging.

Deb August 25, 2010 at 8:44:00 AM EDT  

Mom, the star is by the door to the new garage. That's the laundry room window that you see.

I ordered Sonya's pictures from Jessie, but Sonya has a CD of all the images, so she can get you what you want.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP