Sunday

Quiet Rainy Sunday

Courtney came home from IWU yesterday thinking she had the flu. The university's action plan was to put her in an "isolation room" or send her home to recover. She chose to come home. She's congested and has a very red, sore nose from blowing it so much, but doesn't appear to have the flu. She looks so much better today than she did when she arrived yesterday, so she's on her way back to school with instructions to drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest! I had a rotten headache at work on Friday which lasted through this morning, so I just rested at home today as well. I enjoyed an afternoon of reading and editing photos. Do you want to see some of them?

Matt and Sonya came for a visit over the labor day holiday, so Mark and Rosie decided to come up over the long weekend as well. My parents were also here to see Courtney off on her senior year of college. We had a full household, but loved every minute of it!

Our Labor Day weekend began by taking Courtney up to IWU. She is living in the "Lodges" this year. These accommadations are small interior apartments.

IWU moving in

We keep this old van around for just this purpose. Hopefully it will last until we are able to move Courtney home in the spring.

IWU bedroom

Two girls share a bedroom, with two bedrooms in the apartment.

IWU kitchen

Grandma and Nicole got all the kitchen supplies unpacked, washed and organized.

IWU living room

Courtney found a nice used futon and bought a new mattress for it. I think it looks great in their living room!

Courtney came back home after getting all settled in so she could spend the weekend with all the family here.

Photobucket

We think these are the greatest bunch of young adults around!!

Photobucket

We all spent Sunday afternoon at a friends house...

Photobucket

feeding the chickens...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and playing in the pool.

Of course there was a game of football.

Photobucket

Rock, paper, scissors - the official way of choosing who would be the receiving team.

Photobucket

On Tuesday we went on a tour of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Photobucket

It was so cool to see the field up close and personal.

Photobucket

Unfortunately we couldn't run down the field.

Photobucket

This was all we could see of the Colt's locker room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our group was very small, so it was nice to walk through and look around without a bunch of other people in the way.

Mark and Rosie had to head back to Florida on Tuesday night, mom and dad headed back to Illinois and the girls had school on Wednesday, so Matt, Sonya, Ed and I spent the day together. We went on a walk downtown Indy along a path I had never been on before. It gave us a great view of the downtown skyline.


Photobucket

Matt wanted to walk through the IUPUI campus and stop in at a former employer - NIFS. I had never been in there before. It was quite an impressive place!

Photobucket

As we walked along the canal a song was playing outside at one of the museums, so Sonya and Matt were dancing along the sidewalk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Matt and Sonya spent the rest of the week visiting friends and places where they worked and lived the first two years of their married life. They headed back to Colorado on Sunday after bringing Courtney and I lunch at work.

It's been hard to get adjusted back to life with just three of us home, but we are so thankful we had the time with all of us together.

6 comments:

Matt and Sonya September 20, 2009 at 10:23:00 PM EDT  

Wow, Mom. You are so good at just picking out the best pics...and all you need to tell your story sequence. I get bogged down with ALL of them! Love the post. Love how good you pictures turned out. Love you guys! So glad we had time to spend with you that week.

Nicole September 20, 2009 at 11:16:00 PM EDT  

Way to bust out this lengthy post, Mom! What's this dancing in the middle of the street, Matt? Sonya, I can easily see you doing this but Matt? Really?

mmncgrand September 22, 2009 at 8:18:00 AM EDT  

I put something here yesterday but I don't see it now. Thanks for the pictures I loved looking at them. I like your new fall picture at the beginning too Deb. I put the picture of the six kids as my background. Usually when I do this it is distorted some but this wasn't. Thanks again for a good weekend.

RosebudWitt September 23, 2009 at 11:59:00 AM EDT  

For whatever reason the pictures won't upload, so I can't see them, but I am sure they are great! We had a good time being with you. And thanks for Don Pablos...how tasty that was! As you being the momma of the clan, I am so glad it worked out for us all to be together, to have all your chicks under one roof! Thanks for your part in making it possible for Mark and I to come. Love you.

mmncgrand September 24, 2009 at 10:28:00 AM EDT  

I wrote twice on this site and I don't see either of them. What did I do wrong? Anyhow, I too loved the pictures. You replayed our times together very well. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Matt September 27, 2009 at 6:04:00 PM EDT  

Nicole - what can I say, the music was blaring and the rest is history. I wouldn't call it much of a dance. I just held my hand up in the air & let Sonya do the rest.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP