Saturday

Having Company Over?

Are you having company over? I have just the refreshing beverage idea for you. It's a Ginger Tea Cooler. I saw the recipe on The Farm Chicks blog and thought I'd give it a try. You can get the recipe here.

Photobucket

I made some of this tea for Ed and I at lunch today. It was quite tasty! They recommend about 1/2 cup of the tea mixture in your glass and the rest ginger ale. I actually liked it better with more of the tea mixture and less ginger ale.

Photobucket

What do you think about the presentation of the drink? I'm not sure I like the spices on the ice cubes. Is that being too picky? I wouldn't want to leave those out of the recipe though. They add an interesting flavor to the drink. Try it out and let me know what you think.

I found this site about things to do in Indianapolis. (Nicole, I think you'll like this site!) There was a flea market listed in Woodruff Place, so I decided to go this morning. It was very difficult to find a place to park, which I thought that was a good sign. It is in an area that is a little difficult to get around since there are a lot of one way streets. I walked up and down two boulevards looking at the wares set out. It was disappointing to find that most of the stuff was just that - garage sale stuff. Ed was glad that I came home with nothing new to add to our own stuff. Despite the disappointment in the goods, I was thrilled with the location. There were so many neat old homes and gardens plus the fountains along the boulevards. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera along with me. I discovered that there is to be a house and garden tour the end of this month, which thankfully is not my weekend to work. Anyone want to go with me?

2 comments:

Matt and Sonya June 6, 2009 at 3:55:00 PM EDT  

I will! Oh wait...we live across the country!:( We should do something fun in September like that. Keep your eyes peeled for an outing!

mmncgrand June 13, 2009 at 12:28:00 PM EDT  

I would like to go too. You do so many fun things Deb. I don't like doing anything by myself. Can't wait until Sept when we will see Matt and Sonya.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP