Friday

A Dave Ramsey Principle in Action

We had our Financial Peace University class last night. When we went to bed, Ed said, "We need to talk about air compressors." (Isn't that the most romantic thing you have ever heard?) So we briefly talked about air compressors and I told him to go buy one today. Dave had said in the class that couples should discuss purchases over $300 (or whatever dollar amount you choose) and that you shouldn't purchase anything until you have the money and to pay cash. You can usually get a better deal if you have the cash in hand. So Ed walks in to Tractor Supply with the cash and the clerk tells Ed it doesn't matter if you pay cash or charge the item, it's the same price. He questioned her further to see if there were any sales coming up, etc. She finds a sale coming up the end of May, checks with the regional manager and gives Ed $100 off of the compressor! The principle worked (in a round about way) and Ed was one happy customer. We now have a new compressor sitting in the middle of the old garage.

Photobucket

Ed had to enlist the help of the neighbors again to get the compressor out of the van. I keep telling him it's his project vehicle, not the neighbors. The lines are already run from the old garage to the new garage for the air - I'm told you can't have them in the same garage as a fire precaution, the sparks from the compressor could ignite the paint. That's a long ways down the road though. Ed did deserve a new compressor. The one he has is too small and 30 years old!

Ed received his gift for working 10 years at Lilly.

Photobucket

Not a Bose sound system, but it'll work. I finally read the instructions, so have the dual alarms all set for us. We may have to do a trial run in the morning just to make sure they go off at the right time. It has a cute little remote control too.

I've also continued on my sewing kick. I dusted off my serger yesterday which I haven't used it in quite a few years.

Photobucket

It took me a little while to remember how to use it. You'll have to wait to see what I'm making.

5 comments:

Matt and Sonya May 8, 2009 at 11:00:00 PM EDT  

Whoa! Way to go getting a deal on the air compressor...Matt is explaining to me now how it works. I didn't know!

Pretty sweet 10 year anniversary gift too!

Ellen May 9, 2009 at 8:35:00 PM EDT  

Such Pillow Talk, Ed!

RosebudWitt May 10, 2009 at 1:19:00 PM EDT  

Wow! Nice work on the air compressor! Can't wait to see what you are making with the sewing machine. And Congrats to Papa Witt for being with the company 10 years! What a good provider he has been for the family. And what an example he has also set for his sons. Proud of you Dad Witt and happy to have you as my father in law. Love you both.

RosebudWitt May 19, 2009 at 1:04:00 PM EDT  

Thank you so much for making that skirt for me. I'll keep it forever and pass it along to future generations when I can't fit into it anymore. I still can't believe that you made it by hand and it fits so well. I meant to wear it today at work and forgot. I'll have to make sure to remember tomorrow. Thanks again. Means a lot to me.

mmncgrand May 27, 2009 at 10:06:00 AM EDT  

Hey! I see my bag. Thanks for making this for me Deb. I am going to use it Sunday for my Bible and all the other stuff I have to carry to church. I love it. A lot of the women at church have a bag to carry their things, now I have one too. Thanks again dear daughter.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP