Monday

Our Weekend

Ed and I had a busy, but very nice weekend. Friday night and Saturday I spent at a women's retreat at Life Action. My friend Carrie was one of the speakers. The main theme was to live with intention - how will we live out our remaining days in the light of eternity. Lots to think about and process.

While I was at the retreat, Ed spent the time with Carrie's husband Dennis. They painted at their house and worked on their car. We stopped by the house before leaving town. The room looked great. The guys had even moved all the furniture back into place and hung the pictures on the wall!

Ed and I headed home late Saturday night. We got home around 1:30 am. It was nice to be able to have the whole day to relax around home. After church in the morning we went out for lunch. Ed washed the car and I did a few things around the house. Then we headed to the Flying Cupcake for a treat.

Nicole found this cute little shop. The cupcakes there are unique and delicious. A dad and his little girl were ordering ahead of us. The little girl picked a cupcake with pretty pink icing on it and the dad mentioned that she hadn't liked that cupcake the last time. To which the daughter replied, "But I liked the icing." He said, "Lets find something you like all of this time." A very sweet way of saying, "These cupcakes are way too expensive for you to just eat the icing!"

I got the Red Velvet Elvis cupcake and Ed picked the Cookies and Creme. They got a little smashed in the box. We took them with us to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. They have beautiful grounds that you can walk around and it doesn't cost a thing. A few flowers are slowly emerging. It was a beautiful day outside.

Ed resting on a bench as I took pictures.

When we got home Ed went through coats and keys that we had taken out of the laundry room. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates over the years. I think we were able to identify and label most of the random keys.
We watched the movie Leatherheads that Ed had won at a pharmaceutical trade show. It wasn't very good, so don't bother renting it. Then off to bed early. A very nice day indeed.

4 comments:

Matt and Sonya March 16, 2009 at 7:50:00 PM EDT  

Sounds like a fun weekend! Hope the retreat was great...and how great to still have Sunday enjoying the weather with your love!

Matt and Sonya March 16, 2009 at 8:51:00 PM EDT  

PS- We agree with your movie review on Leatherheads!

Nicole March 17, 2009 at 12:26:00 PM EDT  

Looks like a great day! I think I could go for that Velvet Elvis now! I think you should post a picture of the decluttered key rack, I'd like to see the transformation!

RosebudWitt March 17, 2009 at 6:36:00 PM EDT  

I love that picture of Dad Witt. He is so cute. And glad the retreat went so well. Carrie told me it was awesome too. Wish I could have been there.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP