Friday

Laundry Room

In honor of the first day of spring - a springy looking photo! These oranges were really good too.

Now on to the laundry room. It's not the ultra organized, cupboards to hide everything and granite counter type of laundry room, but it's spacious and works for us. As you come in the door from the new garage is the shelving unit. We had an old, not very pretty, metal kitchen cabinet there before, but I'm sure Ed can make better use of it in the garage. I have baskets to sort clothes and recycleables. And we aren't covering the electrical panel anymore. We were informed that covering the panel is against code. Look how empty the shelves are above the freezer. We cleaned out a lot of stuff we really weren't using.

The shelf has a few baskets to hold gloves, etc. I also like having the open spots for things that need to go out of the house like library books, etc.
Nicole wanted to see the organized keys, so here they are. We'll have a few hooks for some of the keys that are used daily, we just haven't hung it up yet.

A shot into the laundry room from the kitchen. We are going to replace the window sometime this summer. I have fabric to make a curtain, but I'll wait until the new window is in place. The big map is missing from the wall on the left. I think we've lived here long enough that we don't need it any more, but Ed isn't quite sure. I'm envisioning pretty pictures there instead.

And a shot from the laundry room into the kitchen. I am really enjoying the fresh, clean look. It's also very refreshing to know that the pantry, on the left, and the laundry room have all been cleaned out and organized. It's amazing what a can of paint can do!

4 comments:

Matt and Sonya March 20, 2009 at 8:29:00 PM EDT  

WOW! I LOVE it. That is such a pretty blue color-fresh, clean, it's just perfect. And love the organization you have going on too. I bet you are feeling good! My vote goes with yours on the map :) Sorry, Dad!

Also, so happy to get your phone message about liking the Ramsey class! I knew you would ;)

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 2:02:00 AM EDT  

Looks awesome! So clean and organized, I'm impressed! I really like the shelf with boxes by the door, that'll be handy. I do like looking at the map but pictures would be nice.

Nicole

mmncgrand March 21, 2009 at 11:52:00 AM EDT  

What a nice big laundry room. Can you come and help me with mine? I do not open the doors for anyone to see it. (Dad does though). Mom

RosebudWitt March 21, 2009 at 3:15:00 PM EDT  

Nice work. I love the color as well. By the time I see your house again in person, every room will be changed!

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP