Sunday

Baby It's Cold Outside!

It was so much colder in Iowa and Illinois than it will ever be here, but I do not like the cold! It's predicted to get down to zero or below this week, which I am not looking forward to. But for today, we were able to spend the afternoon in the house, by the fire, nice and toasty warm. After watching the Eagles beat the Giants, it was time for a nap. Ed and Nicole are sleeping here on the beanbag in front of the fire. (I had just gotten up from my spot in the middle of them. Ed has his head covered with a pillow because he was snoring and it was bugging me!)

Courtney didn't have the luxury of sleeping - she had to study!! She has only had three days of the new semester and already knows this one will be pretty intense. Only 47 days until Spring Break Courtney!!

On Friday I got a nice little package in the mail - my new Ipod! I had it on my birthday list, but unfortunately didn't get it then. The girls gave me some money for Christmas, so I added to that and bought my own present. I'll admit that I mainly wanted one because everyone else has one. My excuse was that I wanted a small device for listening to while exercising. (Which means I have to start exercising routinely again!!) But I discovered something really exciting while looking through iTunes yesterday - podcasts. There are so many interesting podcasts to download for free! I have podcasts about photography, crafts, photoshop, and most importantly radio programs I haven't had a chance to hear from Revive Our Hearts, Focus on the Family, etc. It will be so nice to have these at my finger tips to listen to as I work around the house, while traveling or exercising, etc. I'm very excited about my sweet little green Ipod!

Nicole and I went on a little excursion on Wednesday afternoon. We had planned to go out to lunch, but the restaurant was closed. Our next stop was an antique store. We spent several hours perusing the treasures in this store. They had a lot of really beautiful furniture. I already have an old library file, but wouldn't mind adding this piece to my home. I love the different size files that this piece has. Unfortunately, the cost of this piece prohibits my purchase - $1000. I can dream though. They also had some beautiful fireplace mantles here. I need to take Ed there to check them out.


Nicole loves to find "off the beaten path" places to visit. She has several websites she likes to check and now has a whole library of books with trivia and recommendations of things to do and places to go in Indianapolis. I had planned to get this little guide book finished for her for Christmas, but just finished it on Tuesday. It's a place for her to put pictures from her adventures and her notes and recommendations of places to visit or places to avoid.

4 comments:

Matt and Sonya January 11, 2009 at 10:30:00 PM EST  

Yay for watching the Eagles! It was fun for you all to call after the game :) You all look so cozy sleeping by the fire...I love it. And I LOVE your ipod...of course the color is a big part of it. You have great taste! Matt and I send our love!

Nicole January 12, 2009 at 11:41:00 AM EST  

Our antique perusing was quite fun! I've decided Downtown Antiques is one of my favorite shops and has easily earned a spot in my guide book (which I am really excited about)!

Matt January 13, 2009 at 9:23:00 PM EST  

I really like your gameday Widget. I am going to add it to Facebook. By the way tickets sold out in 6 minutes for the game, hence why there were none available. Love you,
Matt

RosebudWitt January 14, 2009 at 8:40:00 AM EST  

We watched the Giants game too and were a little sad because my sibs and I wanted the Giants to win the whole thing since Manning is on the team. Now that the Eagles won, they are prob def going to the superbowl since AZ is not really that great, so that exciting for Matt! And its been cold here too today...it was 50 degrees when I left the house this morning, and now I have a heater going under my desk:) Love you.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP