Thursday

Happy Birthday to Me!

I woke up this morning to a note under our bedroom door wishing me a Happy Birthday and then downstairs this message was on my newly framed chalkboard. What a great way to greet the day!

There was this package on the counter from Courtney. I love, love this new travel mug! Don't you wish you had one too? I didn't try it out today because Nicole made me a latte. I'm anxious to use it tomorrow.

My phone hardly ever rings, but today it rang multiple times but apparently I didn't hear it! I have it set as high as it will go, but have different ring tones on it that aren't quite as piercing as others.
With my new phone, I have joined the texting craze. I don't text often and certainly don't text while at work or driving, but I must say I do enjoy this little convenience. I can send little messages to the kids so I don't forget to tell them when I see them or talk to them on the phone. Texting came in handy this past weekend when Courtney and Nicole were at a noisy reception and we needed to get some contact information to them. And of course I loved getting this greeting from Rosie today!


Nicole made my bed for me today.

And she left me little notes all over the house - 15 to be exact. I think I have found them all. What a very loving daughter I have!! She has gone out of her way to make my day special.

Matt and Sonya sent me a home made card. You can see it here. Thanks guys, I love it!

We are going to celebrate my birthday this weekend. Ed, Nicole and I are going up to Marion. Ed is going to work at Marsh there on Saturday while Nicole and I hang out with Courtney. Then we'll all go out for dinner.

4 comments:

Matt and Sonya October 2, 2008 at 9:03:00 PM EDT  

I hope you felt loved today, Mom! Because you most definitely are. I loved seeing the things the girls did for you, your missed calls and your text from Rosie! Cool phone by the way. Have fun in Marion this weekend. Love you.

marcuswitt October 3, 2008 at 1:54:00 PM EDT  

hey mom, looks like the girls went all out to make your day special! That is great. I hope you had fun. And yes, I do wish I had one of those mugs.... that does look pretty cool.

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 5:30:00 PM EDT  

You sure do have wonderful kids. You are one lucky mama. I am sure it made your bday very special. I hope Courtney gave you a hug from me when you saw her on Fri. Love you, Mom

Anonymous October 6, 2008 at 11:21:00 AM EDT  

Love your post! That is great that you had such a good day. You deserve it! I would love to lavish you with wonderful gifts on your birthday, but as you know, that's not exactly an option for us right now :) Maybe some day we can send you and Papa Witt on a cruise!! That's my dream...to send you guys and my parents on a cruise someday...we'll see whether that really happens or not :) Love, Rosie

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP