Tuesday

Cleaning out the attic

I have been spending a lot of time over the last two weeks going through boxes in the attic. We have talked about cleaning out the attic for quite a while now. Ed needs to get some wiring done, so we need to clean some stuff out so he can get to it. I have gone through quite a few boxes labeled "boys stuff" and come up with some interesting things. Thought I would show you a few of them.

The picture on the left is a candy bouquet with only the wrappers left. The middle is pretty self explanitory - plastic fingers that look like they have long gashes on them. These are boxed to be passed on to someone who may want to use them for Halloween. The right picture is air pockets from tennis shoes. My question to the boys is why were these things important to keep?

I thought this stuffed Taz was interesting. Note the safety pins in the ear and the tongue ring? Was this done in rebellion since your parents wouldn't let you get any piercings?


It has been nice to get rid of some of the junk we have been hanging on to for some reason. I have the van full of boxes and bags to take to Wheeler Mission and have thrown multiple bags away. There are only a few boxes that need to go back up to the attic. Ed is pleased!

3 comments:

RosebudWitt October 15, 2008 at 2:37:00 PM EDT  

That is so funny with the stuff the boys still decided to keep. That is one huge difference between Mark and I...he loves what I call "trinkets" and I despise them. But, he's gotten much better since we first got married about throwing useless things out..thank goodness! I hate clutter!

Mary B October 16, 2008 at 8:00:00 AM EDT  

Loved the pictures of the plastic fingers. I'm pretty sure a few of those found their way in to my home and are lurking in a drawer or box somewhere. Good job on your attic. Wanna come and help with my basement next? It would beat cleaning toilets!

marcuswitt October 21, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM EDT  

Those gel packs happened to be very important. In fact, could you mail them down here? Just kidding, but they were from my Converse shoes, and the circle one in particular was very cool - as it was accessible to "pump" for good luck. Brandon and Emery Brown would concur as they had the exact same Converse "Kevin Johnson" shoes in 6th grade.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP