Saturday

Quick Update

Ed and I are in RAINY California. We have been here since last Sunday and it has rained everyday.

Photobucket

This was the view from our hotel room most of the time - grey and wet! We did eat supper and a lunch at that Ruby's across the street. They had a great chocolate bananna milk shake!!

Photobucket

One afternoon it was actually sunny, so I headed to the beach to take a few pictures. I put money in the meter, but when I returned to the car I had a ticket. SO frustrated. I don't even know why I got the ticket, so I went to contest it this morning. I had to fill out some paperwork. We'll have to wait to see the outcome on that.

Photobucket

That night Ed and I went to Hermosa Beach to take a sunset picture. It was very windy, but beautiful nonetheless.

Photobucket

I was bored in the hotel room one afternoon, so took pictures of the rain on the balcony.

We are in Pismo Beach tonight and have a room overlooking the ocean. Love to hear the waves on the beach. It was sunny out when we arrived, so we were able to walk on the beach for a few minutes before sunset. We sat on our balcony until it got completely dark. (I had five layers of clothes on just to keep warm!)

I will have to upload pictures from today later. It's time for bed!

7 comments:

Ellen January 23, 2010 at 9:34:00 AM EST  

Beautiful pictures, Deb! Even though it is raining you certainly do not have the chance to see the ocean or hears the waves here in Indiana.

Ellen

marcuswitt January 23, 2010 at 3:22:00 PM EST  

Those pictures of the ocean are awesome! If Cali were not another country practically, I would love to live out there. It is so beautiful.

marcuswitt January 23, 2010 at 3:30:00 PM EST  

did you try surfing at all on those waves?

Matt and Sonya January 24, 2010 at 12:16:00 AM EST  

You can make even the rainy days looks amazing with your photo skills. Thanks for posting these. I was checking for some pics but wasn't sure you would have the chance to post them! Wish you weren't 15+ hours away or we would come see you. I had Matt mapquest it. :) That's almost as far as Indiana!

Nicole January 24, 2010 at 2:57:00 PM EST  

That chocolate banana shake sounds pretty tasty! And that sunset picture is beautiful.

RosebudWitt January 24, 2010 at 10:25:00 PM EST  

Love your pictures, Momma Witt. How awesome! Those pics of the ocean are oustanding!

mmncgrand January 26, 2010 at 9:19:00 AM EST  

Here it is Tues, Jan 26 and I am just seeing these pictures. I didn't even think you would have any up until you got home. You are a great photographer Deb. I have never seen such beautiful pictures of CA even in the rain.

Mark don't even think about it. FL is far enough away.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP