Thursday

New (to us) Car

Ed has been looking at and researching cars for awhile now. The plan was to purchase something different after the girls graduated from college in the spring. But, it seems as if we have had a run on car repairs lately, which caused Ed concern about the reliability of our vehicles on a long distance trip. So the search for a car intensified and was narrowed down to one manufacturer. We have never owned a Lexus before and have been told we will never own anything else in the future.

lexus exterior

Last Saturday, Ed and I toured the countryside in search of said car. We went to Evansville, Indiana first. The car there was nice, but neither one of us were sold on it. So, we headed to Louisville, Kentucky to pick up the car Ed had viewed and driven the day before. Ed was quite impressed with the care the previous owners had taken with their car.

lexus interior

I was able to drive it half of the way home on Saturday, and haven't been behind the wheel since. Ed seems to find something else to check, fix or update daily. Courtney came home from college today and has read through the manuals researching how to set up all the gadgets. She and I are heading to Terre Haute tomorrow and have informed Ed that we want to take the new car, to test it out, to make sure it's ready for a longer trip!

When Ed actually lets me drive the car out of the garage, I'll take more pictures to share with you:-)

4 comments:

mmncgrand December 18, 2009 at 10:15:00 AM EST  

Thanks for some pictures of the car. I am anxiously awaiting more. Have fun on your trip with Courtney.

Matt and Sonya December 18, 2009 at 11:51:00 AM EST  

How exciting! Thanks for posting. I will inspect further on a later date...that is just around the corner! Matt has been checking your blog daily for pics. Love you!

Ellen December 18, 2009 at 8:12:00 PM EST  

LOL - I love the Ed is so close to the car! How is he doing on fixing up his fixer upper car?

Ellen

RosebudWitt December 19, 2009 at 11:26:00 AM EST  

This looks like the fanciest car I've ever seen. Wonderful! I bet it smells good too! That's my favorite part about nice cars. I am glad you guys found something you like!

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP