Tuesday

Father's Day 2009

We had a quiet day here on Father's Day. I was actually supposed to work on Sunday, but they requested that I work last Tuesday instead. I didn't argue with that one! (I don't like to work on Sundays and miss church.) Courtney was the only "child" home, so she and I planned a meal for Ed. We actually all took a power nap right after church before we fixed dinner and felt so much better the rest of the day.

I tried a new recipe and made german chocolate brownies. Ed is a big german chocolate cake fan, but had some really good g.c. brownies at the Clabber Girl Bake Shop in Terre Haute, IN. We have tried to find some as good as those and so far have failed.

Photobucket

I made these from scratch. They came close, but not as good as I remember. I'm going to try tweaking the recipe a little and see if we like it better. The brownies are almost gone, so they must have been ok.

Ed and Courtney played tennis in the afternoon, until the rain cut that activity short.

We watched an action film, Batman Begins, while enjoying popcorn, brownies and ice cream.

Photobucket

I have been blessed with an wonderful husband, who is also an incredible dad! I am so thankful that being the dad God wants him to be has been, and continues to be, a priority in his life. All of his choices revolve around what is best for his family and he has worked so hard to provide for all of us. We love you Ed and couldn't ask for a better dad/husband.

5 comments:

Matt June 23, 2009 at 11:40:00 PM EDT  

You are definitely right mom, we are very blessed to have him as a dad!

Nicole June 24, 2009 at 12:15:00 AM EDT  

I quite agree with you about what a wonderful father dad is! Those brownies look pretty tasty!

RosebudWitt June 24, 2009 at 7:31:00 AM EDT  

Amen to that! Heck, I've only been around for the past 8 years or so, which is nothing compared to the rest of the family and even I have been so blessed by papa witt. He has been so encouraging to us, helps us in times of need, and works so hard for those he loves. I feel so blessed to have him as my father in law. Love you Papa Witt.

mmncgrand June 24, 2009 at 8:44:00 AM EDT  

I agree wholeheartedly about Ed being a wonderful husband and dad. He is also a wonderful son-in-law.

Deb, you should talk to Matt (Mark's friend in FL) I think he has made G.C. brownies. Did you like the brownies better than the cake?

marcuswitt June 30, 2009 at 3:23:00 PM EDT  

I could not agree more. He has been a great dad! You can send some of those brownies this way and I will be happy to taste test.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP