Tuesday

I got called off of work today - YEAH!

I received a very welcome phone call at 5 am today - I was told I didn't have to go in to work this morning. It's nice to have this extra day off - seems I've been at work too much lately.

(I had this big long post all ready to go this morning and somehow I deleted it, so I've decided to post several shorter ones this time.)

A friend called on Sunday night to see if I was ok since I hadn't updated my blog in awhile.(Thanks Ellen, it's nice to be missed.) It has been a wierd, busy couple of weeks.

This showed up in my driveway late Sunday afternoon.

Photobucket

Ed had been on a 10 day road trip to pick up his "project car." His nephew, who lives in Arizona, owned it. He had purhased it from someone in California, so this car has not lived through midwest winters and the salt treatments put on the roads.

Photobucket

A project vehicle has been a long time dream for Ed and the main reason for the addition of the garage.

Photobucket

It looks so small in the garage next to our other car. Ed says this will be the car we cruise around the country to see our grandchildren in. (as you can see guys, you have some time to produce those grandchildren!)

Courtney returned home for the summer from college the day before Ed left on his trip. It was nice to have her here while he was gone. I don't sleep well when he is away, so she stayed up late with me each evening. I had to be at work, or a meeting for work, 7 out of the 10 days he was gone, so I didn't get to sleep in many mornings. Needless to say I was exhausted by the time he got home on Sunday. He was exhausted too. It took him a lot longer to drive home pulling the trailer with the car behind him than he had planned. We are so thankful that he didn't have any problems with the van on his trip.

2 comments:

Ellen May 5, 2009 at 4:36:00 PM EDT  

I am glad you are back to blogging!!
Tell Ed Good Luck. I am so glad Rich does not have the desire to fix a car. It would never happen :)

Ellen

RosebudWitt May 6, 2009 at 7:39:00 AM EDT  

That car is great. I can't wait to see the finished product some day. And I am glad that Mark and I have more time to have an addition:) Glad that he made it back safely and that you both can get some more rest. Love ya.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP