Thursday

It's a Winter Wonderland

Ed and I have been out of town for awhile. We got home late Tuesday night, and just in time! It was snowing. The roads were covered in snow, so it was slow going driving home. I thought maybe budget cuts were keeping the plows off the roads. We went to bed with a few inches of snow on the ground. (See exhibit A on the left.) We got up in the morning to a little bit more snow. (See exhibit B on the right.)


We went from this warm, sunny weather to this....


Ed spent several hours Wednesday morning plowing out the driveway. Even though our snow blower is not as effective as some, we are so thankful for it! Ed didn't even bother trying to go in to work. I heard on the news that the roads were still terrible, not because the plows were not on the road, but because they couldn't keep up with all the snow. He called his work several times and never had anyone answer, so I don't think anyone went in. I was very glad I wasn't scheduled to work! We officially ended up with 12.5 inches of snow in Indianapolis. They haven't had a snowfall this big since 1996.

So where were we? Ed went on a business trip to Tucson, Arizona. His sister, brother and mother live there, so he took extra days and made a short vacation of it. I joined him there a few days later after my work week was done. It was cool and rainy a few days, but we were also able to enjoy some warm, sunny weather as well. It was a nice break for us in the middle of a midwest winter. We also spent a day in Phoenix with another one of Ed's sisters. We got to meet our new great niece. What a cutie!!

Ed's nephew has lots of projects around his house. I'm pretty sure Ed's house would look exactly like his if he wasn't married with children! One of Paul's projects is a Miata, which Ed is seriously thinking of taking off of his hands. Now that we have the garage Ed has been antsy to get started on a project vehicle. This would definately be a project!!

(I don't know if Ed is rethinking the project vehicle taking up a garage space after plowing all the snow. I told him my car stays in the garage!)

As we were leaving Paul's house we saw a complete double rainbow. I didn't have a wide enough angle on my camera to get the whole rainbow in a shot though.

These pictures do not begin to capture the beauty of this rainbow. I've never seen anything like it!

5 comments:

Nicole January 29, 2009 at 1:01:00 PM EST  

What a nice welcoming back home, huh? But just think, you're getting to experience the record snowfall since we've been living in Indiana!

RosebudWitt January 29, 2009 at 9:49:00 PM EST  

Loved your post! Looks like you had a good time in Arizona! Glad you made it home safe and sound. Love you.

RosebudWitt January 29, 2009 at 9:57:00 PM EST  

Oh, I forgot to mention...I love the photo in your header. What a great pic. I am assuming you took it?

mmncgrand January 30, 2009 at 12:10:00 PM EST  

Welcome to the REAL world of the midwest. You are blessed with your weather, however, you have a lot more tornados than we do. So maybe it is a trade. So glad to hear you arrived home safe and sound and that you had a rest. Mom

marcuswitt January 30, 2009 at 1:51:00 PM EST  

That is amazing! I have never seen that much snow in Indy. Which I guess makes sense, since that is the most since 96. I like the project car dad. Anxious to see what it will look like once it is all done.

Search This Blog

AroundIndy

Followers

Recent Visitors

My Blog List

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP